We joined our husbands for breakfast at Syrup. I had the creme brûlée oatmeal with berries…yum!
I had a sweet tooth so we stopped by Milkbox. I had the most delicious vegan rocky road ice cream!
Then we just chilled in the room for the afternoon. A) We needed to rest a little for Saturday’s race. B) The altitude has left me feeling really nauseous.
We have a 1 hour drive to Pine, Colorado in the morning, so I made sure to lay everything out the night before. Basically it’s lots of Cocogo, Picky Bars, Gu, Banana bread for breakfast, extra Swiftwick socks, Garmin 620, and dry clothes for the finish. I’m only doing one drop bag, but I get the chance to use it twice on the course.
My Goals for the North Fork 50k:
- Stick with Corrie for her first ultra. She chose this race to celebrate her birthday and run her first 50k. It’s all about her!
- Run my first race at altitude. I’ve always struggled with altitude sickness during ski trips. Running a 50k should be a challenge, but I’m excited to see how it goes.
- No vomiting during the race. Anyone that has suffered from altitude sickness knows this struggle.
- Enjoy the gorgeous scenery.
- Have fun!!
- Our group has agreed to not set a finish time goal. It’s all about the adventure with friends!
Are you racing or running long this weekend? Share!
Do you take advantage of mid-race drop bags or do you carry everything with you?