1. Would you rather run along a beach path or mountain trail?
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Lemon-lime is my favorite flavor and if it’s up to me, the race would have Cocogo on the course! (Discount code: JENCHOOSESJOY)
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would you purchase with it?
I’m in the process of trying out new-to-me shoes. Next up is the Mizuno Sayonara 3!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and then decide how far and how fast you want to run?
I love my training plans made by Coach Mark Hadley at Maximum Performance Running! He takes all of the thought out of training by providing distance, pace, and instructions.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I’d start with the uphill and have a fast downhill finish!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
I love OrangeTheory Fitness. If I don’t want to run on the treadmill, they have spin bikes for the cardio segment. Plus they incorporate TRX, free weights, BOSU, etc…
7. What is your preference—>out and back, point to point, or loop runs?
Point to point, but I rarely get to do it because….how would I get home.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner it would be…?
I would send them to Fleet Feet to get properly fitted for running shoes.
9. Do you see any wild animals while out on your runs?
We get to see lots of deer, turtles, squirrels, and chipmunks in TN. Oh, and I love seeing owls in Percy Warner Park!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Yes! Whenever I travel, I explore the new city with a runabout. I always carry my phone so I can find my way back to the hotel.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days…what would it be?
12. Capris or shorts? What do yo urun in most?
Shorts! I especially love the Oiselle Mac Rogas.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
It takes me a while to warm-up. I start to feel good about 3 miles into my run.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I put my key in my Amphipod pocket.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one?
16. What type of run is your least favorite?
Tempo runs. They always feel so hard for me.
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or drive somewhere to start?
I usually drive, because I’m meeting friends!
18. When running in daylight, are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
Ughhh…annoyance. I recently bought running sunglasses. I know I should wear them, but I don’t like how they feel.
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Beach path or Mountain trail?
Fave Gatorade flavor?
Where do you store your key when you run?
What’s your least favorite type of run?
If you want to answer these questions on your blog, make sure to tag me in the post so I can read your answers!!!
Running ‘N’ Reading
Minutes per Mile
Flying Feet in Faith
Run With Me
The Hungry Runner Girl
The Simple Peach
Cupcakes and Miles
Mom on the Runsanity
Pace with Grace