This year has flown by. When I started blogging last August, I thought I’d post twice a week and I had the goal of making it to January 1, 2015. It quickly grew beyond those goals!
Fun Facts from my 1st year:
Number of posts: 338
I write each post at night before I go to bed. I post it to social media the following morning before I leave for my run.
Mail Chimp sends out a daily blog email at 7am CST. Make sure you subscribe!
I post 6 times a week. (Sunday is a day of rest)
Most popular post: It was my Boston Marathon Race Report until we launched the new site with a Garmin Giveaway…lol!
Most popular recipe: Cauliflower Crust Cheese Sticks
Number of races: 10
Story behind the name: I almost called my blog Southern Jen. When I left my job in the music business, I wasn’t really sure what to do with my newfound free time. So, I put a daily calendar reminder to CHOOSE JOY. I wanted to consciously remind myself to build a new life that was joyful. That daily reminder is still on my google calendar and when it came time to name my blog it only made sense to ditch Southern Jen and go with Jen Chooses Joy!
10 Reasons I Blog (and you should, too!):
- It’s an excellent way to channel my energy and creativity.
- It makes me chronical my life. Believe it or not, I was the worst about taking pictures. JCJ has become my journal of life, recipes, friendships, races, and whatever silly nonsense I get into.
- I get to share my passions for running, food, products, and travel.
- I’ve learned to use techonology…ish. If you know me, it’s a Christmas miracle that a blog goes out every day. Computers, apps, editing, etc…are not my strengths…at all. I have even learned to type a little code. Crazy!
- I used to read a few blogs, but since I started blogging I have discovered so many awesome blogs and bloggers!
- Blogging makes me come from a place of ‘YES‘. If I sit at home (not that I would), there’s nothing to write about. I don’t want to write about being a sloth on the sofa and you don’t want to read about it! I’m more likely to say yes and try new restaurants, races, travel destinations, and recipes.
- Blogging encourages me to live intentionally. Writing about my life forces me to face the good and the bad. I try to learn from my mistakes and proactively set goals to better myself.
- I get to partner with awesome companies for GIVEAWAYS (my favorite!) and pass along discounts for products that I love.
- I’ve made so many wonderful friends…some I know in person and some through the web. Either way, the kind words of encouragement are incredibly uplifting and I am beyond grateful.
- I LOVE it when readers stop me to say hello or yell Jen Chooses Joy when they pass me! It still catches me off guard. I forget that anyone actually reads this thing. I am always humbled and full of gratitude…THANK YOU!
- I’m starting a YouTube Channel! I thought it would be a fun way to do some Q&A for frequently asked questions.
- Hopefully I’ll have some Choose Joy shirts for sale soon! I’m going to donate 100% of the profits to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- And, I’m going to continue posting!
Bloggers: Did you almost name your blog something different?
How long have you been blogging and how often do you post?
Does anyone still keep a handwritten journal?
#choosejoy and THANK YOU for a wonderful first year!