It’s time for another Mercury Retrograde. During the last one, I gave my friends a warning that it was coming and they had no idea what I was talking about. So, I decided to write a little blog post about it. If you think I’m bananas, that’s totally ok!
First things first, I grew up with a hippy-dippy, crystals and dream travel mom. I however, have always been more logical and science based. I do acknowledge the possible effects of the Mercury Retrograde.
So, what is the Mercury Retrograde? Sometimes the other planets appear to be traveling backward through the zodiac; this is an illusion. We call this illusion retrograde motion. Mercury remains in retrograde for 3 weeks. Mercury rules your intelligence, mind, memory and, all types of communication ranging from talking and texting to writing. It also affects your self-expression, and communication style. In a more public sense, it rules commerce, computers, telephones, transportation and air travel.
2015 Retrograde Dates:
January 21 – February 11
May 19 – June 11
September 17 – October 9
10 things NOT to do during Mercury Retrograde:
- Don’t make agreements. Especially avoid signing legal documents. Retrograde is a time of miscommunication.
- Don’t accept or start a new job. There could be changes in the position and by the time you start work, it might not resemble the initial job description.
- Don’t try to close the sale. You’re more likely to face delays.
- Don’t initiate new projects. People are more likely to oppose or not understand your vision.
- Minimize the scheduling of meetings. During this time, conflicts are more likely to arise.
- Limit your travel. You’re more likely to face flight cancellations, postponement, and travel delays.
- Don’t purchase computers or begin installations. Expect glitches and be prepared for hard drives to fail.
- Don’t repair your automobile unless necessary. Obviously, you can’t always avoid auto repairs, but schedule the maintenance work for after the retrograde.
- Limit large purchases. You’re more likely to suffer buyers remorse during this time.
- Don’t change your living situation. Avoid choosing a new roommate or moving homes.
You get the gist. This is a time of miscommunication and delays. If you plan for them, this will be a less stressful few weeks.
Before you hideout like this….it’s not all negative!!
Here are some of the positives:
Brainstorming. You are at your most creative and your ideas will take new twists and turns.
Organizing. This is the perfect time to stay home and sort through old clothes or organize your files.
Reflection. Problems from your past might have new clarity and resolution.
Planning and research. New details and information will come to light giving you a clearer understanding of future plans.
Go with the flow. Life might get a little weird. It’s great to focus on patience and staying relaxed.
According to The Farmer’s Almanac, “Intuition is high during these periods, and coincidences can be extraordinary.” Enough said. Be prepared for something unexpectedly amazing to make its way into your life.
- plan for delays
- postpone major purchases and life decisions
- put your energy into planning and organizing
- AND back-up your hard-drive!
What do you think? Does Mercury Retrograde exist?
Do you make any changes during the Retrograde? I always allow for travel/traffic delays.
Since, I’m on a hippy-dippy kick…What’s your sign and do you think it accurately describes