The Franklin Half Marathon (that’s actually run in Leiper’s Fork)
This definitely wasn’t a “goal” race for me and I used it as part of my training for the North Fork 50 later this month. There was a little congestion at the start and it quickly thinned out.
- Coffee and a Picky Bar at home.
- Cocogo in my handheld during the race. Use code: JENCHOOSESJOY (all caps) for 10% off
- 1 Gu at mile 8
- It’s a local race with lots of friends!
- It’s close to home, 2,000 runners, and logistically very easy.
- Water-Bags on the course.
- Encouraging and cheerful volunteers
- Peach Truck Peaches at the finish line!
- It’s hot and hilly. Seriously, did I mention that it’s hot and hilly?
- Because of the heat, they ran out of water at finish.
- The porta potty lines were super long and folks resorted to peeing in the fields.
- No towels or napkins at the finish.
Peak and Pit of your weekend? Peak: After being out of town, I was so excited to catch-up with friends! Pit: The heat kicked my arse!
Mangos: yay or nay? I keep trying to love them, but they’re not my favorite.
Have you used the Water-Bags during a race? Do you like them? I like them because it’s easier to drink and run at the same time AND I would use the bag on my neck to cool off.
Share your race or long run from the weekend?