I’ve been wanting to try the new Select Cryo since it opened in Nashville. I’m a big believer in post-run ice baths to reduce inflammation and speed recovery. This was definitely an ice bath on steroids and the timing was perfect after a tough track workout!
Cryotherapy Applications (per Select Cryo):
- Quicker exercise recovery!
- Faster recovery from injuries
- Chronic pain relief
- Increased energy
- Boost testerone
- Better sleep
- Helps ease depression
- Relieves arthritis inflammation and soreness
- Burns over 500 calories per session
What to Wear:
- Underwear, sports bra, fitted shorts/compression shorts. (I wore my run shorts, sports bra, and kept my socks and sneakers on.)
- You will be provided with socks, slippers, and a robe if you need them.
What to Expect:
- You privately change, get into the booth, and then an employee will join you in your room for the duration of cryotherapy.
- Your initial treatment will last 2 minutes (or longer if you’re up for it!). You can stop at any time. I stayed in for 3 minutes.
- Last 30 seconds feel the coldest.
- Cold, dry nitrogen vapor
- Even cooling over the entire body.
- Constant monitoring by operator.
- I was so glad the employee stayed with me for the session. We chatted the whole time and it was an excellent distraction.
- Yes, it’s cold, but it doesn’t hurt. It’s just uncomfortable.
- Next time I will bring gloves.
- Ice baths last 10 minutes. This was only 3 minutes. Even if it’s colder, I love that it’s over with so quickly!
- I stayed cold for about an hour after my session.
- I will definitely return!
3202 Belmont Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37212
Do you take ice baths after you workout?
Have you tried Cryotherapy? Thoughts?